Supplies: old used diary or book that you are not going to read with a hard cover, PVA glue, acrylic colors, wood stain.
1. Take a big bowl with water and a book that you want to make “old”. Open the book in the middle, wet your hands in water and crumble with water every page from the beginning to the middle from both sides of the book.
2. Let it dry completely (at least 24 hours).
3. Dilute PVA glue with water and start gluing one page to another, forming a sculpture of an “old book”.
4. When book is ready let it dry completely again.
5. Take a wood stain (dilute with water for the tint you want) and apply it with the help of the brush to the sides and pages of the book. It will make it look "older".
6. Add some gold, silver or bronze tints accordingly to the sides of the book.
7. Now we have to finish the centerfold. Take a white piece of paper, measure dimensions you need, cut it, glue it to the centerfold. Select the motive or picture you’d like to place in your book. Use your fantasy to finish the book. You can make some decoupage on it, glue music sheet or old photo.
You also can make a folder from fabric, wall-papers or curtains.